Find and Target Your Audience
Nancy Ruffner’s FREE
October 26th, 2021, 7 p.m. EST
Find and Target Your Audience –
Nancy Ruffner’s FREE Monthly Webinar
Live Training via Zoom, October 26th, 2021, 7 p.m. EST
Most of us have heard of or read about having a “Target Audience”. Many of us know we need to have one, and probably do have one, but what do we really know about the topic? Some folks in small business have but an inkling that we likely should know this, and perhaps made a note somewhere along the way to really study this stuff.
Like so many of the topics I cover inside my monthly webinars there is much more to know than meets the eye, and learning it can help your small business prosper. October’s deeper dive will have us examine all the moving parts: Target Market, Target Audience, Persona (aka Avatar or Ideal Client*). Then we’ll focus on our ability to use this knowledge to connect with our Clients* or gain new ones. With a nod to the Customer Journey (aka “Buyer’s Journey” or the “Sales Experience”), we can better communicate and connect with our current and future Clients*.
This Webinar is for you if:
- Make your messaging: your voice and your social media efforts more effective.
- Wish to consider the Client in everything you do. Client-centered everything.
- Learn the exact meaning of all the related terms (dancing like sugarplums in your marketing -head).
- Want to build upon or build into what you are already doing, for greater ROI.
- Build (or enhance) a better foundation to further your business!
In this Webinar, you will learn:
- Said simply, why this is important stuff for the small business healthcare professional to learn and use.
- The moving parts – terminology, and how these terms relate to your client engagement.
- The Customer Journey and how to consider it in your outreach and sales conversations.
- New ideas, and strategy (Slurp!)
- How to insert your new knowledge and strategy into what you are already doing.
- Key intersections – when to employ-deploy your new knowledge and thinking.
*Y’all likely know by now that in my writing I always capitalize the word “Client”; that is my way of keeping them on the front burner, to make sure that everything I do is to serve who is really important here. Join me in the notion, and the action? 😀